A registered and very public Republican for decades, Smerconish began to feel that his political party was drifting further and further from his own beliefs. In 2008, this talk radio host declared his independence and voted for Barack Obama.
Momentum helped Michael embrace his new freedom from partisan politics and rebranded him and his program for launch first on terrestrial followed by his high profile move to satellite radio.
- Communicate Michael’s political position, which incorporates views from the left, the right, and the independent middle
- Refresh Michael’s positioning in the ever shifting political climate
- Develop a comprehensive digital strategy
- Build-out Facebook and Twitter pages, and YouTube channel
- Develop a website and subscription podcast portal
Return on Investment
- More than 150 radio station affiliates before moving to satellite
- 10,000+ Facebook fans
- 30,000+ Twitter followers
- Six stellar interviews with President Obama, most recently live from the Oval Office
- Regular guest host on MSNBC and appearances on national outlets
- Newly announced weekend television program on CNN